Friday, December 4, 2009

Let's Talk Airbrush. . . MAC Pro Airbrush!!!!





Years ago, when I first heard the term "airbrush" as it relates to makeup, images of supermodels on the covers of all the top fashion magazines came to mind. Cindy Crawford, Linda Evangelista, and Elle Macpherson on Vogue, Glamour, and Sports Illustrated. "Airbrushing" also carried connotations of a post-photo shoot computer correction of flaws. I never could understand why the supermodels needed to be "airbrushed" in that way.

Today airbrush makeup, riding on the coattails of all the aforementioned, implies the best in makeup for photography. With the advent of digital photography and high definition television and film, this is, in my humble opinion, the best way to apply foundation makeup. I'll save the equipment/tech-talk for another blog, but suffice it to say, MAC's Micronized Airbrush Formula foundation is at once sheer, providing wonderful coverage, and supremely matched to every skin tone. It is applied with an air compressor that disperses the foundation into tiny particles.

I'd like to thank my lovely model/bride Kate for allowing me to use her photos; and I'd also like to send a shout-out to Karen Julian-Smith of Simply Life Photography in Bluffton, SC. Although I'm posting only a few of her photos, I was awestruck by the way she captured the entire airbrush process. Check out her website because the same can be said of all her work!

The first photographs show some unevenness and redness in Kate's skin tone. By the end of the application, redness and pores are minimized, and Kate's overall appearance is even and natural. It's all about making the skin healthy and radiant.





No comments:

Post a Comment