Tuesday, November 24, 2009

I Love A-Rod, but I Love My HAI Elite Rod More!







I'm no hair stylist, but I am "hair friendly."

I pay attention and can recognize something new and fabulous when I see it; this is a phenomenal hair styling tool. I consider myself in-the-know about lots of hair products, tools, styles, techniques. I have owned every kind of hair dryer, diffuser, hot roller, curling iron, hair straightener, brush, comb, pin. . . you name it. I still have my same set of Clairol hot rollers from my college days. So, I'm also something of a collector, too.

Several weeks ago I worked a photo shoot with the lovely ladies of Tresses Salon and the amazing photographers of King Street Studio (respective blogs to follow. . .). As the models were being styled, my curiosity was piqued by this new tool I'd never seen before.

It's called the HAI Elite Rod and it looks like a wand. . . the resulting curls are nothing short of magic. Although the barrel is conical in shape, and depending on how you hold it, your curl grades from loose to tight. The curl it creates is reminiscent of spiral or ringlet curls. It has no spring clip to hold hair in place which is very important because it gets super hot. That is why a heat-resistant glove must be used in conjunction so as not to burn the fingers / hands of those using it.

This rod is made of ceramic and tourmaline. It's the tourmaline that helps lock moisture into the hair cuticle. This is one styling tool that's actually good for your hair. I'm always game for "good for" my hair, especially since I put it through so much with heat, chemicals, and styling products.

The gurls at Tresses hooked me up when I went in for cut, color, and style. Jacqueline knew that I was interested in The Rod, so she styled my hair with it so I could see how to use it and extoll its virtues. One of the many virtues is that the curl lasted in my hair for a solid three days. No kidding. This tool takes the term "curls locked in" to a different level.

She also cautioned me, as I am about to for you, that you must be very careful and use the glove with this. This is no regular curling iron. . . it's a professional tool that gets extremely hot. This is a styling tool that was more than likely made for a stylist to use on someone else, but that is now being made available to the public. I do not consider it a novice/newbie tool. . . you have to be at least "hair friendly" to use it and not burn yourself.

So, I was hooked. . . after 3 days of curl. . .completely hooked. Last week I went back to get my own HAI Elite Rod. Before I did, I called around to several area salons and the professional beauty supply stores. No one has this; some have not even heard of it. Tresses Salon is the sole retailer on the East Coast of this amazing tool. Check it out at Tresses in the Oakland Market Shoppes, Hwy. 17 North, Mount Pleasant. Mallory, Jacqueline, Amy. . .or any of the stylists there can help you!

p.s. The photos that appear above are to illustrate the difference between my hair straightened versus Day Two of curls with the HAI Elite Rod.

843.856.2550





No comments:

Post a Comment