Monday, September 27, 2010

That Last Little Somethin'-Somethin'

Brides, brides, brides!  I love them, and I adore doing their makeup on Wedding Day!

Because it's high bridal season here in Charleston, I'm in a groove, and I've been thinking about my process when I apply a bride's makeup.  It comes down to those final touches that put a makeup application over the top.  Once their "face" is on, right down to the lashes, I find that I go back and add 2 to 3 more products that ALWAYS put on the finishing touch.  Here are my tricks of choice:



1.  Clean up any stray "fall" from powder shadows, and reapply a little more concealer over the darkest areas of the under-eye (usually the areas closest to the nose).  My clean-up product of choice (and previous blog-worthy item): Make Up For Ever's Full Cover waterproof concealer.  The tiniest bit goes a long way.











2.  Highlight the tippy-tops of cheekbones with MAC's Mineralize SkinFinish in either Light Flush or Petticoat, making sure to stay away from the apples of the cheeks.



















3.  If I still need a little something-something, MAC's Eye Kohl in Powersurge (a metallic gold color) on the waterline (or rim) of the lower eyelid.  This makes eyes POP without making them appear smaller.










No comments:

Post a Comment