Friday, September 10, 2010

Sun Spot Fix-It Time

I went against my own good advice: this summer, I spent time at the beach during high-peak sun hours, without enough sun screen. I also spent a lot of time driving in the car, and my left side always seems to get beat up the most by the sun.  Sure enough, those little brown sunspots have reappeared on my left cheek.  

What caught my eye at the Clinique counter was the advertising campaign with the brown-spotted egg and the clean, clear tan egg.  Hmm. . . I definitely wanted the clear, tan egg.

I left with two products, that I must say, I'm very impressed with: Clinique's Even Better Dark Spot Corrector (a milky serum), and it's moisturizing counterpart, Even Better Skin Tone Correcting Moisturizer SPF 20 (a cream).  Over the course of the last five weeks, applying the serum morning and evening, there's a noticeable difference in the darkness of my sun spots.  Even though they are still there, they've faded nicely.  I use the moisturizer only during the day because of its SPF content.

My spots were what I'd categorize as mild to slightly moderate.  I have seen results and plan to use it up. . . maybe they'll mostly disappear.  If I ever pump out a bit more of either the serum or cream, I rub it onto the backs of my hands.  (Something my grandmother taught me. . . don't neglect the hands!)  No sunspots there yet, but a little prevention goes a long way.

Check it out if you have mild to moderate sun spots. . . Ask for a sample. . . Clinique is great about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment