Thursday, February 25, 2010

Dry Skin? Try this on: Jurlique




If you suffer from dry skin, especially in the winter months, as I do, I have a wonderful new "salve" for you.

I recently stopped in one of my favorite "candy" stores, Stella Nova, on King Street. You know, the skin care/cosmetics/hair care apothecary. What I found was something my skin has reacted very favorably to. . . plus some other goodies.

I have dry to very-dry skin, especially this time of year. Sometimes the skin on my forehead and eye areas gets flaky. This kind of dehydration needs to be treated from the inside, out. So I've been drinking more water, which I can always use, and I've been exfoliating two to three times a week.

But what I've opted for right now are three products from the Jurlique skin care line: the Herbal Recovery Gel, Moisture Replenishing Day Cream, and Lavender Hydrating Mist. And that's the order I use them in, after removing my makeup and cleansing my face.

The Herbal Recovery Gel contains botanicals, herbs, and plant oils to restore, firm, and hydrate the skin. It's light and absorbs quickly. I feel like this product helps "grab" the moisturizer deeper into my skin.

The Moisture Replenishing Day Cream is a rich moisturizer with calendula, chamomile, plant oils, and avocado. It smells AMAZING and leaves my skin feeling supple and glowing. No doubt, it's a lot of moisturizer.

Then, I finish off my clean face with the Lavender Hydrating Mist. It hydrates, tones, and soothes leaving my skin feeling dewy. Again, the scent is awesome.

I usually try to make my own way around a store like Stella Nova, but I'm glad I asked the staff for some guidance. I'm especially glad they showed me this line because I feel it has been the perfect pick-me-up for this cold weather dryness I'm dealing with. All the staff was knowledgeable and helpful. They were especially gracious in sampling me some of Jurlique's other products. Stella Nova has several satellite stores and spas around Charleston, but I believe it's only the flagship store on King Street that carries Jurlique.

I'll definitely be back. Thank you, Stella Nova. Thank you, Jurlique!



No comments:

Post a Comment