Saturday, October 24, 2009

MAC Paint Pots

As I was driving to meet my bride today, I was thinking about the eye products I use consistently, almost always: MAC Paint Pots.

A Paint Pot is a highly pigmented eye color that goes on creamy but dries to an intense, vibrant finish. It's long-wearing, without creasing or caking. It is an excellent primer for building color, and making powder shadows and eye liners last longer.

There are 16+ shades, but the two I use most are Painterly and Groundwork. I like these colors because both are matte, which looks good on every skin texture. . . smooth or not-so-smooth :) Paint Pots dry fairly fast. There's not a lot of play-time so I swirl it on quickly, in small, circular motions, from lash line into the crease. My favorite MAC brush for this application is a #224. It's soft and fluffy and gives a buffed finish.

If you've ever experienced oil-production on your eyelids that cause your shadows and liner to crease, this is the product for you. And when I say "long-wearing," I mean 12-14-16 hour wear. You'll need an eye makeup remover to take it off.

If you have blue eyes, Groundwork (a mid-tone neutral taupe), will instantly make your eyes "pop." Nearly every eye color can wear Painterly (a nude beige), and you can either keep the look light and soft, or build a smokey eye from there.

Any Paint Pot may be worn alone or used as a base/primer for layering powder shadows.





No comments:

Post a Comment