Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Let it Glow, Let it Glow, Let it GLOW!


My most recent Make Up For Ever haul from its NYC Boutique

"I love makeup!  It's great when you ID new or innovative products on your blog.
Kelly"  (a Fall 2011 bridal client)

Thank you Kelly, for giving me the kickstart I needed to discuss some great products that I've been trying for a couple of months now!

Today's feature is on a Make Up For Ever product called Uplight.  This is a tremendous product that I've been using on clients in these drier autumn months to help create the illusion of luminosity (in the absence of the Charleston humidity that gives us that all-too-natural glow:)

I LOVE this and many other MUFE products.  It's a face luminizer gel that can be worn under foundation (I apply prior to airbrushing), over foundation (as on my own face over MUFE's High Def liquid foundation), or all alone (with a hint of concealer to even out any dark areas).

Although there are a dozen or more shades, I'm currently working with 3 shades in my kit:

#11 is a dewy, pink beige (great for pinky or red-undertone skin)
#12 is a dewy, golden beige (lovely on skin with golden undertones)
and #22, a pearly, pink flesh. . . pretty on most every skin tone.

Apply with fingers or a flat foundation or concealer brush: tap over the highest point of your cheekbones; circle around the outside of the orbital bone (near outer edges of eyes).  I also like to dab a bit at the height of my eyebrow, closest to the arch.

This product can be found at Sephora, Ulta, and Make Up For Ever boutiques.

Happy Glowing!

No comments:

Post a Comment