Thursday, July 8, 2010

In The Groove!






























I haven't been this excited for a new MAC launch in a very long time.

IN THE GROOVE is a collection of products that appeal to my Bohemia hippie side. Think tie-die kinds of colors, yet in matte/satin finishes. This is especially appealing to me because all the shiny things MAC comes out with don't bode well with any fine lines or crepiness that may be creeping in ;)

As with several MAC launches, there are some old favorites making a reappearance. "Stereo Rose" Mineralized Skin Finish is a stunning way to add a little shimmer to emulate that just-out-in-the-sun radiance. It's limited in quantity, so my guess is it'll be one of the first to sell out.

I love the Mineralized Eye Shadow trios in "Style Influencer" (satin silver, pearly deep blue, and satin mauve brown) and "In the Groove" (satin gold, pearly burgundy, and satin coral). These trios last forever and are a steal since you're getting 3 mineral shadows baked into one great compact.

The featured eyeliners with this collection are MAC's Power Point liners. They are waterproof and last all day. I use these quite often on brides, and the one I go to most often is a black/brown/flecks-of-gold shade called "Buried Treasure." A must for any makeup bag.

The "It" color this summer has been all shades of coral. My favorite lipsticks in this limited collection are "Jazzed" (a bright coral pink) and an all-time fave "Creme d'Nude" (a pale muted peach beige). Top either off with some magnificent shine. . . Cremesheen Glass in either "Fashion Whim" or "Goin Casual."

Hit your MAC counters ASAP or you can always visit www.maccosmetics.com and click on the "Launches" link.

It's been a long while since I've blogged, and I finally feel like I'm IN THE GROOVE again!

No comments:

Post a Comment